Website Design Types
There are many different approaches to take depending on the type of website needed. Direct Sale websites including a shopping cart are much different than say and informational website where you provide massive amounts of content and earn your profits based on membership dues. Another popular website type is for professional services (like this one). Professional service websites tend to be a “brochure” type website that showcases services and features and promotes lead generation, not direct sales or membership.
The Planning & Design Phase
- What is the purpose of the site?
- What is your goal of the website?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is the message you want to convey?
- What kind of content will be on your site?
- Which technologies will be needed?
- What is the framework hierarchy of the site?
- What is the best look and feel?
- What is the best color palette matching your logo?
The Development Phase
- The actual website construction begins here, starting with the homepage.
- All graphical elements and content are collected from the client.
- A template or “shell” is laid out for the remaining pages based on the homepage.
- Elements like a photo slideshow, animation, contact forms, and shopping carts are made functional.
- Constant communication between the designer and the client is essential during this phase.
The Testing & Delivery Phase
- Final touches to graphical elements creating a unified look throughout the site.
- Testing to make sure the website meets current web development standards.
- Testing for compatability with all modern browsers.
- FTP upload of all files to the hosting server, one more round of testing.
- After the final approval, we will publish the website, making it live on the internet.
- Easily update your website pages with a robust Content Management System
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) via known best practices that follow Google’s quality guidelines
- Search Engine Marketing via Google AdWords is the most economical advertising platform you will ever use
- Web analytics, tracking user activity, whats working, what isn’t…
Last updated byat .